Welcome to Earth Lab's first Earth Data Science (EDS) Seminar Series, hosted at the University of Colorado Boulder. Each week at 11:00-11:50 AM (MST), our speakers will bring new perspectives and present their work in the field of EDS.
Topics cover use of *big data* to advance knowledge of the dynamics and interactions of the Earth system, towards actionable insights and tools. These weekly sessions are intended to:
- inspire collaborations;
- tickle the imagination for creative data science solutions; and
- learn about new topics in environmental sciences.
Each week will be led by someone and can take on many forms: data jams, practice conference talks (15 min) w/ Q&A, paper Discussions, brainstorming, 30 min lecture, other.
Remotely, this event is open to the public, and university affiliates may attend in-person (SEEC 372A&B).
~~~ Environmental Data Science (EDS) Seminar Series General Information ~~~
COVID Safety Protocols: The capacity listed for the combined room (372A&B) is 30 people. Anyone who comes after our 30 person limit will be asked to attend online from a different room.
Mailing List Subscription: To join the EDS seminar mailing list follow the instructions below:
- Send an email to "email@example.com".
- You will receive an email response shortly after, please reply to this response email to confirm your addition to our mailing list (Do not click the blue ‘join this group’ button within the email).
- You will receive a confirmation email shortly after & no further action is needed.
- You have successfully been added to our mailing list & will begin to receive emails containing the zoom link and information about each week's speaker.
- To unsubscribe, reply to any of the weekly emails to request removal from the mailing list.
Upcoming Agenda of Events: https://tinyurl.com/Earth-Lab-EDS-schedule
Please contact Alison Post if you are interested in giving a talk, either during the current semester or a future one.
Please email Casey Jenson if you have any questions about registration, remote attendance, or related topics.