Welcome to Earth Lab's Earth Data Science (EDS) Seminar Series, hosted at the University of Colorado Boulder. Semi-weekly on Tuesdays from 11:00-11:50 AM (MST), our speakers will bring new perspectives and present their work in the field of EDS.
Topics cover use of *big data* to advance knowledge of the dynamics and interactions of the Earth system, towards actionable insights and tools. These weekly sessions are intended to:
- inspire collaborations;
- tickle the imagination for creative data science solutions; and
- learn about new topics in environmental sciences.
Each seminar will be led by someone and can take various forms: lectures, data jams, practice conference talks, paper discussions, brainstorming, etc.
This event is a hybrid format: university affiliates may attend in-person (SEEC 372A&B), and the general public may attend remotely via Zoom. Join our Mailing list to receive the zoom link & calendar invite.
~~~ Environmental Data Science (EDS) Seminar Series General Information ~~~
Spring 2024 Schedule:
(this will be continuously updated)
|Jan 16, 2024
|NOAA’s Atmospheric Methane Data Assimilation System: CarbonTracker-CH4
|CU Boulder: CIRES & NOAA
|Jan 23, 2024
|Center for Research Data and Digital Scholarship
|CU Boulder: Center for Research Data & Digital Scholarship
|Feb 13, 2024
|Geospatial Machine Learning: Data-focused algorithm design, development, and evaluation
|CU Boulder: Computer Science
|Mar 5, 2024
|Min Gon Chung
|Nature-based Solutions for Sustainable Ecosystem Services Management
|CU Boulder: ESIIL
|Mar 19, 2024
|Quantitative Approaches to Understanding Microbial Response to Anthropogenic Change
|CU Boulder: ESIIL
|Apr 30, 2024
|Integrating modeling and observations to explore climate change impacts on alpine tundra ecosystems
|CU: Boulder: ESIIL
EDS Seminar Mailing List
Join the mailing list to receive reminders about upcoming seminars, as well as the zoom link to watch remotely. Please follow the instructions below to join the EDS seminar mailing list:
- Send an email to "firstname.lastname@example.org".
- You will receive an email response shortly after, please reply to this response email to confirm your addition to our mailing list (Do not click the blue ‘join this group’ button within the email).
- You will receive a confirmation email shortly after & no further action is needed.
- You have successfully been added to our mailing list & will begin to receive emails containing the zoom link and information about each week's speaker.
- To unsubscribe, reply to any of the weekly emails to request removal from the mailing list.
Please contact Alison Post if you are interested in giving a talk, either during the current semester or a future one.
Please email Casey Jenson if you have any questions about registration, remote attendance, or related topics.